· Science Reporter invites popular articles, puzzles, quizzes, crosswords, cartoons etc. on science and technology; science fiction, humour in science, science projects and science news.
· Science Reporter pays for articles published. The honorarium for a full-length feature article is Rs 1000/-, for regular columns Rs 500/-, Rs 200 for short contributions published in Spectrum or as box items in main articles.
· Very specialized topics should be avoided. Articles should be understandable by the average under-graduate science student.
· Articles received will be acknowledged. However, acknowledgment does not guarantee publication.
· Only original articles sent exclusively for publication in Science Reporter will be accepted. Articles previously published elsewhere, or simultaneously sent for publication elsewhere, are not acceptable. Articles submitted should carry a declaration that the article is original and has not been previously published elsewhere. Science Reporter will not be responsible for any copyright violations. Articles without such a declaration will not be considered.
· The length of full-length articles may be about 2500 words. Short features should be up to 1200 words.
· While quoting names of scientists, their initials, nationalities, and affiliations should be mentioned.
· The matter should be typewritten, double-space on one side of the paper. Articles may also be submitted in electronic form on floppies or via e-mail, preferably as RTF files.
· The articles should preferably be illustrated, and captions and legends typed separately and attached at the end of the article. Photographs accompanying the articles should be on glossy paper. Black-and-white cartoons should be drawn with Indian ink. Colour cartoons are also welcome. Illustrations and cartoons can be sent as attachments, preferably in TIFF or BMP files, via e-mail.
· A short note about the contributor should invariably accompany the article. The note should contain name, age, full postal and e-mail address, academic accomplishments, important assignments held, field of research, and a list of popular science articles already published.
· Contributions should be sent to the Editor, Science Reporter, National Institute of Science Communication And Information Resources, Dr K.S. Krishnan Marg, New Delhi-110 012 or by e-mail at the following addresses:
· The Editor reserves the right to reject even invited articles without assigning any reason.